2018/19 TOURISM AWARDS ARE NOW CLOSED EXCEPT FOR 4 CATEGORIES WHICH CLOSE ON 22 AUGUST
We have already logged 110+ entries into this year’s Dorset Tourism Awards, sponsored by Saffery Champness, meaning we are already looking likely to break the records of previous years.
There are 4 categories with have a later deadline of 22nd August and we’d encourage you to consider an additional entry into one or more of these – especially the first two, which are open to all business types. They are:
- International/Inbound Visitor Experience of the Year - All sectors of the tourism industry should apply if they can demonstrate that they deliver an outstanding experience for visitors from overseas (eg Attractions, Hotels, Parks etc)
- Customer Service Superstar award, which recognises individuals or teams that regularly go above & beyond, offering exceptional service to visitors
- The Tourism Event & Festival award, for events and festivals that attract visitors to the area and enhance their stay
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism, for an individual, group or organisation that has made a significant contribution to the tourism industry in the area
Headline Sponsor Saffery Champness, Chartered Accountants, Partner, Nick Fernyhough adviseS, “The county continues to improve its tourism infrastructure and invest heavily in what is a key economic driver for Dorset. The success of the Jurassic Coast Team at last year’s Awards and the recognition that Bournemouth Beach has recently received, after being named ‘best beach in the UK’ by TripAdvisor and 5th best in Europe, emphasises the outstanding natural features that Dorset has to offer. The Awards continue to reflect the constant improvement in the tourism industry in the county and Saffery Champness Accountants are delighted to be headline sponsors for yet another year. We are looking forward to recognising and rewarding outstanding achievements by Dorset businesses.”
Organiser of the awards Robin Barker says: “Feedback from last year’s entrants tells us that the Awards are increasing in their relevance and our suggestions for the future met with an enthusiastic response.”
Entry is free, the programmes being funded by a range of sponsors and partners, and all entrants receive feedback.
If you have any queries about the awards please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter @DorsetTourAwds HashTag #DorsetTA
- Just over two weeks left to enter Posted: 6th August 2018
- BIGGEST EVER DORSET TOURISM CELEBRATION AT LIGHTHOUSE Posted: 17th November 2017
© 2018 Services For Tourism Ltd. Maintained and hosted by Clockwork Marketing