Judging is carried out by an independent panel of past winners, industry leaders and experts in their field, selected for their impartiality, experience and suitability for each category.
In addition to this the judges will give you an online score which will normally cover the following areas:
- DESTINATION INSPIRATION - How well websites encourage visitors to come to the area in the first place
- BUSINESS INSPIRATION - How well they inspire visitors to choose your business
- INFORMATION – How well they cover all necessary pre-visit information
- MOBILE – How well the website adapts to different media (mobile, tablets, etc)
- ACCESSIBILITY – How well websites meet the needs of different groups (eg large print)
- UP TO DATE – Are websites up to date?
- SOCIAL – Use of Social Media
- ONLINE REPUTATION – How well businesses are managing their reputations online through review sites such as Tripadvisor
All entrants will receive summary feedback, with additional feedback available for a fee. The top scoring businesses may be visited (mystery shopped where possible) by independent mystery shoppers. Please note that it is a requirement of entry that entrants agree to waive or refund the direct costs of a mystery visit should a mystery visit be arranged. The mystery visitor will present you with a letter of authorisation stating this after their visit, please advise your staff that this may happen to avoid confusion. Receipt of your entry is taken as agreement to this requirement. Please note that in some cases mystery shopping may start straight away.
Businesses will be notified in October if they are a finalist or not.
The winners, normally a combination of Gold, Silver and Bronze awards per category, will be announced at the awards ceremony.
The decision on which entries receive awards will be taken by a judging panel which will consider mystery shop reports, websites and other available evidence. Their decision will be based on the evidence available at the time and will be final. The timing of the process means there can be no appeal process for the current year’s awards. Should any entrant consider that inaccurate evidence has been considered as part of the judging they should raise this with the awards coordinator at the earliest possible stage; such appeals may be taken into account in judging for the subsequent year
Remember, eligible winners will be 'fast-tracked' into corresponding categories of the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
- BIGGEST EVER DORSET TOURISM CELEBRATION AT LIGHTHOUSE Posted: 17th November 2017
- Finalists announced for record-breaking Dorset Tourism Awards 2017 Posted: 5th October 2017
© 2018 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services