We are heading to The Lighthouse in Poole for this year's Awards celebration.
The event is a Black-Tie Dinner, from 6.30 pm on Thursday 16th November, with a locally sourced 3 course meal and plenty of wine included.
Our guest speaker will be Bernard Donoghue: Bernard is the Director of the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA), which represents the most important iconic and popular museums, galleries, cathedrals, palaces, castles, stately homes, historic houses, heritage sites, gardens, zoos and leisure attractions in the UK. In July of 2015 he was elected as Chairman of the Tourism Alliance, which represents over 250,000 tourism businesses in England, and was re-elected in July 2016. In May 2017 he was appointed to the Mayor of London‘s Cultural Leadership Board and is the Mayor’s Ambassador for Cultural Tourism. He is Chairman of the award-winning London International Festival of Theatre (LIFT); Chairman of the Ambassadors’ Council of WWF-UK; Deputy Chairman and Trustee of Kids in Museums. He is a Trustee of: The Geffrye Museum of the Home; The Heritage Alliance; and is a Council Member of St Paul’s Cathedral, London. He is a former Chairman of VisitManchester; a former Trustee of WWF-UK, Centrepoint, the National Funding Scheme and was a founder Trustee of the Kaleidoscope Equality Trust.
The set menu is as follows (Vegetarian and other options are only available to those who advise by no later than 8 Nov):
- Rillette of Chesil Smokey mackerel, pickled cucumber. Horseradish crème fraiche & grilled sourdough
- Crumbed Blue Vinney, spiced fig chutney. Caramelized walnut salad (V)
- Braised West Country beef blade, Fiddleford mushrooms, baby onions & red wine sauce. Creamed Goldhill organic potatoes & roast whole carrots
- Roasted Sopley Farms pumpkin filled with creamy Fiddleford mushroom risotto (V)
- Dorset apple cake, Leopard Dairy clotted cream & pear puree
Tea, coffee and mint chocolates
Tickets cost £70+VAT each, including welcome drinks, a 3 course meal with wine.
The event starts at 6.30pm with formalities ending by 11pm (though informalities will continue thereafter!) There is excellent information on travel to and from the Lighthouse HERE, including information on parking, bus and train travel.
To book click HERE
- BIGGEST EVER DORSET TOURISM CELEBRATION AT LIGHTHOUSE Posted: 17th November 2017
- Finalists announced for record-breaking Dorset Tourism Awards 2017 Posted: 5th October 2017
© 2018 Services For Tourism Ltd. Maintained and hosted by Clockwork Marketing