Top tips from past winners
Thank you to our recent winners who have kindly contributed the following short case studies:
Moors Valley Country Park - www.moors-valley.co.uk
- Access & Inclusivity, Gold, Dorset Tourism Awards 2016
- Sustainable Tourism, Gold, Dorset Tourism Awards 2016
- Access & Inclusivity, Bronze, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2016/17
- Sustainable Tourism, Bronze, South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2016/17
WHY DID YOU ENTER THE AWARDS?
We enter the SW tourism awards for lots of reasons – to be part of the SW network of attractions, to measure ourselves against other attractions, we learn and improve from the entry process and judging, we’ve gained good publicity from the awards we’ve received, it’s a good team building process and the Dorset Tourism awards evening is a great night out!
HOW DID YOU FIND THE PROCESS?
Straightforward entry forms, makes us think a lot about what we offer. We find them a good audit and we have improved various aspects of our facilities and services through completing the entry process.
The team really get behind the awards and they give us a great sense of satisfaction when we do well. We’ve had some excellent press coverage from the awards and it's really nice to be part of the SW tourism group.
TOP TIPS FOR OTHER BUSINESSES
Don’t just leave the entry to your communications/marketing team/person. Get lots of people in the team to contribute suggestions and ideas. It will get them on-board and they’ll come up with some great ideas. And make sure to really read the questions!
- Finalists announced for record-breaking Dorset Tourism Awards 2017 Posted: 5th October 2017
- South West is England's top region for Excellence Posted: 24th April 2017
© 2018 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services