SOUTH WEST TOPS THE COUNTRY FOR 5th YEAR RUNNING IN NATIONAL TOURISM AWARDS
Fifteen of the Finalist places in this year’s national VisitEngland awards have been taken by tourism businesses from the South West, making it the top English region for the 5th year running and reinforcing the region’s position as the country’s top quality tourism destination.
Finalists have just been announced for the Visit England awards, and with 22% of these from the South West there’s a clear message about the quality of visitor experiences across the region.
The Visit England awards link with the South West Tourism Excellence Awards which held its awards ceremony in Bristol on 2 February, when 135 awards were announced at an event attended by 469 of the region’s top businesspeople. This followed a rigorous selection process, including judging of a record 560 entries from across the South West with many of them winning also in the Dorset Tourism Awards, Cornwall Tourism Awards, Bristol, Bath & Somerset Tourism Awards and Devon Tourism Awards. During the winter, the regional entries have been pitted against further entries from across the country, with finalists all invited to the VisitEngland awards event in London on 24 April, when they will learn what award they have won.
Devon boasts 4 finalists, Glazebrook House Hotel, Longlands, The Coach House by Michael Caines and the National Marine Aquarium.
Cornwall has 5 finalists with Trethem Mill Touring Park, Bosinver Farm Cottages, Eden Project, The Old House and The Scarlet Restaurant.
Dorset has its most finalists ever with 3 national finalists: Dorset House (B&B), Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum, and The Anchor Inn.
Wiltshire, Bath and Gloucestershire each have one finalist, the Manor House Hotel & Golf Club, Gloucester Tourist Information Centre and the Roman Baths & Pump Room.
Robin Barker from Services for Tourism, who organise the awards, comments: “It’s great to see the continued success of tourism businesses from the South West and to see this region ‘heading the charts’ once again. The 2017/18 awards will be launched in April and we look forward to building on this.”
Richard Stanbrook, Director, Pennon Water Services – “It’s very pleasing to see that 15 of the finalist places in this year’s national VisitEngland awards were from the South West and Bournemouth areas. As a water retailer, tourism is one of our key sectors, as we acknowledge how important water is to this industry and region. Well done to all the finalists, long may it continue.”
See below for list of finalists from the South West:
South West winners amongst 2017 Visit England Finalists
Below are the finalists in each category for this year's awards (listed alphabetically).
B&B of the Year
- Dorset House, Dorset, www.dorsethouselyme.com
Boutique/Guest Accommodation of the Year
- Glazebrook House Hotel, Devon, www.glazebrookhouse.com
Family-Friendly Accommodation of the Year
- Bosinver Farm Cottages, St Austell www.bosinver.co.uk
- The Olde House, Wadebridge, www.theoldehouse.co.uk
Glamping Provider of the Year
- Longlands, Devon, www.longlandsdevon.co.uk
Holiday Park/Holiday Village of the Year
- Trethem Mill Touring Park, Cornwall, www.trethem.com
Hotel of the Year
- The Manor House Hotel & Golf club, Castle Combe, Wiltshire, www.exclusive.co.uk/the-manor-house
Inclusive Tourism Award
- Eden Project, Cornwall, www.edenproject.com
Large Attraction of the Year
- The Roman Baths & Pump Room, Bath, www.romanbaths.co.uk
Small Attraction of the Year
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum, Dorset, www.russellcotes.com
Sustainable Tourism Award
- National Marine Aquarium, Devon, www.national-aquarium.co.uk
Taste of England Award
- The Coach House by Michael Caines, Devon, www.kentisburygrange.com
- The Scarlet Restaurant , Cornwall, www.scarlethotel.co.uk
Tourism Pub of the Year
- The Anchor Inn, Dorset, www.theanchorinnseatown.co.uk
Visitor Information Provider of the Year
- Gloucester Tourist Information Centre, Gloucestershire, www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk
- Just over two weeks left to enter Posted: 6th August 2018
- BIGGEST EVER DORSET TOURISM CELEBRATION AT LIGHTHOUSE Posted: 17th November 2017
© 2019 Services For Tourism Ltd. Maintained and hosted by Clockwork Marketing